Sunday 29 June 2008

My personal story

A couple of weeks ago I met up with Lucie and Kev to discuss what would go on my pages on the Wired In Our Community blogs. I was asked to think about five words that would best describe me. I went home and thought about it, but I just couldn’t think of the right words. I grabbed a pen and paper to write down some thoughts and the next thing I knew I had written my personal story!

Lucie’s face when she next came to see me was a picture! She couldn’t believe that first off I had done my story (without even being asked!) and secondly she said that she was blown away by the ‘heartbreakingly honest account of my life’.

I’m sharing my story with you as I want to help people understand

·      some of the reasons behind why a person may turn to drugs

·      the depths that addiction can take you to

·      how some treatment experiences can be harmful

·      and that recovery is possible

I hope that you find my story helpful in understanding addiction and recovery. My life has completely turned around in the past 9 months and I want to use my experiences to help others with drug or alcohol problems.

 

 To finish off – I finally found the 5 words that best describe me…

 “Positively pessimistic and hopefully optimistic”


No comments: